Monday, November 23, 2009

How can I be a blessing to others from JT

When I was asked the question, "How can I be a blessing to others?," my mind totally went blank. I did not understand what, "being a blessing," meant. So I talked to a few people, and I have come to realize to be a blessing can mean a few things; but really, if you narrow it down to be a blessing to others simply just means to smile at someone or hold the door for them. To be a blessing can mean something deeper, but simply it just means to make someone's day.

I said to be a blessing can mean something deeper; and by that I mean being a friend for someone. Not putting them down, but putting them up and pulling them along. To be a blessing on a deeper level is to care and listen to a friend's problems and try to help and if you can't help, pray for them. To simply care is being a blessing to others.

To answer the, "How can I be a blessing to others?," would have to be all of these. I can be a blessing by just putting on a smile everyday, even when I'm having a bad day. I can also be a blessing by being someone's friend and listening to what they have to say. I can also pray for them. To be a blessing is really pretty easy, it is definitely something I will strive to do.

No comments: